The award has been established with yearly funding from the Esmail Safana Farzana Fayaz Bharwani Foundation, a private foundation established by the family of Esmail and Safana Bharwani to encourage and recognize adults who are pursuing their studies in Continuing Education.
Esmail Bharwani is continuing his efforts to provide financial support to those who are interested in furthering their education in the field of Professional Management and Marketing. Esmail values those who aspire to be better professionals, learn the art of management, give back to their community and who pursue their dreams with dedicated efforts. Esmail instructed for Continuing Education from 1980–2000 and has taught over 5000 students through the department.
The fund was established to provide assistance to adult learners who have chosen to pursue educational goals, often while maintaining a full-time career and family life commitments.
Number: Four per year (if funds allow)
Application Deadline: April 15
- Academic merit in a minimum of three 40 hour certificate courses or two 40 hour certificate courses if enrolled in the Adult and Community Education Certificate.
- Community involvement or employed with a not for profit organization. A resume is required.
- There is a short answer question on the application form which must be answered in order to be eligible for this award.
Students enrolled in these University of Calgary certificate programs who meet the criteria are eligible to apply:
- Adult and Community Education
- Adult Learning specializing in Adult and Community Education
- Professional Management (General and all Specializations)