This course introduces students to the concepts, practices and tools used to successfully deploy business intelligence projects. Emphasis will be given to people and processes with an introduction to the technologies involved.
Business Intelligence (BI) is an umbrella term that includes the applications, infrastructure, tools, and best practices that enable access to and analysis of information to improve and optimize decisions and performance. It is both a business and a technology endeavour.
Its success depends largely on bringing business and technology together in the right ways around people, process, technology and data. For both business and IT managers, BI skills are some of the most in-demand skills in business today.
Basic skills on how to build and manage a data warehouse platform for business intelligence applications will be covered, but emphasis will be given to people and processes with an introduction to the technologies involved.
Course Level Learning Outcomes
By completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Describe the four main components of a business intelligence system
- Discuss the roles, processes, techniques, and technology related to business intelligence applications
- Explain the role of data management in successful business intelligence systems
- Apply dimensional modelling techniques
- Recognize the roles, processes, techniques, and technology related to Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) systems
Topics of Instruction
- Introduction to Business Intelligence
- Program Requirements and Architecture of a Business Intelligence Solution
- Launching and Managing a program
- Requirements Gathering
- Establishing the Technical Architecture
- Product Selection
- Designing a Business Intelligence Solution
- Designing Dimensional Models
- Designing the Physical Databases
- Introduction to ETL
- Designing Business Intelligence Applications
- Deployment and Support
- Growing and expanding the program
For the best experience, your computer and internet connection should meet certain requirements. See the recommended requirements...
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Certificate in Business Analysis : Optional Courses
- Certificate in Business Intelligence and Analytics : Core Courses