To successfully complete the Certificate for Front Line Leaders, students must complete 100 hours of seminars and a 20-hour independent final assessment in the form of a referenced reflection paper. The paper will be structured into four sections – one for each program category listed below.
- Leading Self: Demonstrating an awareness of self-leadership and identifying tools for preparing for a management or leadership role such as leadership philosophy/brand and personal effectiveness and performance tools
- Leading Others: Examining frameworks for leading others such as coaching, team leadership, problem-solving, employee engagement and, conflicts resolution.
- Leading the Business Operations: Examining the different aspects of leading the Business Operations such as operations management, strategic plans, and tools for identifying innovation continuous improvement opportunities.
- Leading/Collaborating across Business Units: Identifying what is required to lead or collaborate across business units and in an environment filled with volatility, uncertainty, complexity, and ambiguity (VUCA).
For each section, learners will provide substantive personal insight, evidence and discussion by:
- Examining how they have applied the category’s principles, concepts and skills.
- Reflecting on the path they are on with respect to building their skill set, goal setting and leadership brand development.
- Exploring the impact of their newly-learned category skills in their role as a front line leader.
Sources of evidence to corroborate and strengthen personal reflection may include referenced materials from:
- Personal course notes
- Course content
- Independent readings
- Life and work experience
Referenced Reflection Paper Guidelines:
- One paper with four sections.
- Each section is a separate reflection on one of the program categories
- Each section will be 500 to 1000 words in length
- Each section will be graded independently using the same rubric
- All referenced materials must be properly cited using the American Psychological Association (APA) style, 6th edition
- A grade of ‘C’ or higher is required for each section of the referenced reflection paper in order to pass the assignment
The completion of 100 hours of seminars, a minimum of one seminar from each topic area; Leading Self, Leading Others, Leading the Business Operations and Leading Across Business Unit. This course is restricted to students registered in the Certificate for Front Line Leaders and is to be taken as the final course in the certificate.
Applies Towards the Following Program(s)
- Certificate for Front Line Leaders : Final Assessment