You should be comfortable saying basic phrases and forming simple sentences in the present tense. Expand your knowledge of grammar and vocabulary, and learn more about the culture of the Spanish-speaking countries.
By completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Use vocabulary related to planning weekend activities
- Talk about needs and preferences
- Describe states of mind
- Express ideas in future tense
- Use vocabulary related to restaurants, menus, ordering meals and paying the bill
- Compare people and things
- Describe what the people are doing
- Talk about the weather
- Use vocabulary related to household chores, family relationship, and parts of a house
- Ask questions and answer in short sentences
PrerequisitesSPA 101 Spanish 1 or an equivalent level of fluency as determined by the department.
Call (403) 220-2866 if more information is required.
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Spanish Language and Culture Certificate - Level 1 : Core Courses