Here's a practical guide to hiring, managing performance, giving promotions and demotions, implementing discipline and terminating employees in a non-union environment. Learn the steps needed and the documentation required to manage employees within legal requirements. You will review relevant case studies, legislation and development documentation to support your HR processes. You will be aware of the relevant legislation impacting the Alberta workplace, be able to develop policies and understand the role of proper documentation relating to employees.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand and explain relevant legislation dealing with people in the workplace.
- Be able to write and critique policy.
- Evaluate HR practices against the legal framework.
- Explain the importance of documentation in HR processes and policies.
- Make suggestions for improving policies to ensure legal compliance.
- Be better prepared to answer the questions on the CPHR competency test relating to employee relations.
Formerly: Employee Relations
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Human Resource Management Certificate : Optional Courses